OHSAS 18001:2007 – Foundation Training CourseOHSAS / Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems / Foundation Training Course
One day foundation course gives a thorough introduction to H&S management, together with the requirements for OHSAS implementation.
Duration - 1 Day
who should attend?
- All managers and key personnel in the organisation who have responsibilities for specific OH&S issues
- Personnel who provide strategic input into the OH&S management system (specialist contractors, occupational health staff, design engineers etc.)
- Legal advisors and experts
- Other staff who might be involved in the implementation or the auditing of a OH&S management system (e.g. QMS, EMS project managers and auditors)
On completion of this Introduction to OHSAS 18001 training, delegates will be able to:
- Interpret the basic requirements and principles of OHSAS 18001 and how this applies to the most significant OH&S MS issues.
- Assess the H&S hazards, risk assessments and risk controls.
- Evaluate legislative compliance.
- Initiate the process of implementing an OH&S MS within their company with an awareness of resources and skills required.
- the general requirements of OH&S management systems, with specific reference to OHSAS 18001:2007
- risk assessments and evaluation of legislative compliance
- establishing objectives and monitoring improvements
- learning from your mistakes
- Basic requirements of OHSAS 18001
- Health & safety hazards, risk assessment and risk controls
- Implementation issues & initiating an OH&S MS