OHSAS 18001:2007 – Internal Auditor Training CourseOHSAS / Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems / Internal Auditor Training Course
This course is designed to enable delegates to undertake internal audits against OHSAS 18001, to learn about more in-depth issues and workings of an H&S management system as well as assist in the implementation of their internal audit programme.
Duration - 2 Days
who should attend?
- Staff who will be involved in performing internal OH&S audits
- Managers responsible for the effectiveness and efficiency of the system
- Auditee who wish to understand the audit process
By the end of this OHSAS 18001 auditor training course, delegates will understand the principles of internal OH&S auditing and be able to:
- Describe the responsibilities of the internal auditor and the role of internal audits in maintaining and improving OH&S management systems
- Plan and prepare for an internal audit
- Gather objective evidence through interview
- Write factual audit reports that help to improve the effectiveness of the management system
- Identify ways in which the effectiveness of corrective actions might be verified and establish continual improvement.
- Role of an Internal Auditor
- Introduction to OH&S Auditing
- Purpose and Requirements of OHSAS 18001 & Related Standards
- OH&S Documentation
- Managing the Internal Audit Programme
- Factors for Determining Audit Frequency
- The Internal Audit Process: Preparation
- The Internal Audit Process: Audit Performance
- Deciding Activity Compliance, Effectiveness and Efficiency
- The Internal Audit Process: Audit Reporting and Follow-up