ISO 27001:2013 – Foundation Training CourseISO 27001:2013 / Information Security Management Systems / Foundation Training Course
This training course will introduce delegates to the requirements and principles of ISO 27001, providing delegates with an awareness of the issues and challenges involved in implementing an information security management system. A highly interactive Foundation course will teach you structure, purpose and clauses of the ISO 27001 standard.
Duration - 1 Day
who should attend?
- Those responsible for managing information security.
- Those who wish to assess if they should obtain certification to the Standard.
- Those who wish to obtain an overview of the potential threats to their operations due to the loss of information.
- Senior managers involved in the outcome of ISM system audits
By the end of this Introduction to ISO 27001 training course, delegates will be able to:
- Interpret the basic requirements and principles of ISO/IEC 27001 and how they apply in practice.
- Undertake a survey of their own organisation and determine any weaknesses that need to be addressed.
- Appreciate the technical challenges likely to be encountered in implementing ISM systems and address these.
- Overview of the ISM standard ISO 27001:2013
- Overview of what is meant by ISMS and the basic constituents of an ISMS
- Explanation of how an ISMS can help
- Overview of the requirements of ISO 27001:2013 and the potential benefits
- Implementation of an ISMS, including setting and reviewing ISMS policy, procedures required by the standard
- Identifying and evaluating assets
- Vulnerabilities associated with these assets, risk assessment
- Annex A, control objectives, risk treatment plan & statement of applicability