ISO 15189:2012 – Foundation Training CourseISO 15189:2012 / Foundation Training Course
This one day practical foundation course introduces the requirements of ISO 15189 for Medical Laboratories. These requirements cover arrangements for requisition, patient preparation, identification, collection of samples, transportation, storage, processing and examination of clinical samples, together with subsequent validation, interpretation, reporting and advice, in addition to considerations relating to safety and ethics in medical laboratory work.
Duration - 1 Day
who should attend?
- Laboratory Quality/Technical Managers
- Laboratory Technicians/Supervisors
- Assessors of Laboratory Management Systems
- Personnel responsible for procurement and evaluation of Laboratory Services
- Users of clinical test services
By the end of this Introduction to ISO 15189 for Medical Laboratories course, delegates will be able to:
- Interpret the basic requirements of ISO 15189 and its inter-relationship between ISO 9001/CPA and ISO/IEC 17025 management system standards.
- Identify the key requirements and actions that would be required to meet ISO 15189 requirements over and above those currently specified by CPA.
- Quality and Quality Management concepts
- Commonly used quality management system standards
- Overview and requirements of ISO 15189
- Additional requirements of ISO 15189 over CPA (2010)
- Structure of Quality System Documentation
- Sources of information and further development